Tuesday 26 July 2016

Six weeks of summer and all the triangles


So, yesterday it had it's premiere. I don't watch Hollyoaks anymore because the love went away, but I still enjoy a good gay storyline when it's there! In this trailer it's obvious that it's still going on with both McDrink and McNight. McNight seems to be the official ship name for John Paul and James Nightingale. My faghag friend said to me that she would enjoy a love triangle with James, Scott and John Paul. Well, I always love a good love triangle (in soaps that is, in real life it sucks), but there's just something really painful with this and I just have the feeling that it is Scott who will be hurt here? And I just hate it when John Paul is the bad guy. And haven't we just seen it before?

Sarah, John Paul, Spike & Craig.

Yes we have! Back in the days there was a huge love triangle with John Paul, Craig and Sarah. John Paul loved Craig, Craig loved both John Paul and Sarah, Sarah loved Craig and also Spike loved John Paul, so actually it was some kind of love square. It was really dramatic and Sarah and Spike got their hart broken. Eventually even John Paul got his heart broken after Craig was a bit heart broken for a year. Everyone was hurt, basically.

James Sutton, Guy Burnet & Jake Hendriks.

Before John Pal got his heart broken he just managed to avoid breaking Kieron's heart. Kieron was murdered so... But even so, there was a small love trinagle between the tree guys and John Paul chose Craig anyway and Kieron was hurt. Before he got murdered. Too bad. Kieron was a nice guy. I kind of miss him. Even though I never prefered Kieron to Craig even just a little bit.

Stephen Billington & Lizzie Roper.

So, when John Paul came back from Dublin, after he had sex with Brendan, he dated Doug Carter for while (PJ Brennan), but he realised that Doug still loved Ste so he told him to go and get hin back. So there never was a love triangle there. But then John Paul met Danny Lomax and fell for him quite hard before he realised that Danny had a wife. Sam Lomax was a great character! But she did not approve of her husband sleeping with John Paul. Nothing odd there. But even efter John Paul got to know of Sam he still carried on with Danny for a while, before he broke it off. So a quite short triangle. But still a triangle.

Sinead, Ste & John Paul.

And then there was that awful time with Sinead, Ste and John Paul. I just hate how she wrecked McHay apart. They never were the same again... Girls falling in love with gay guys is ridiculous and in this case... He went for it and that is just so unecessary! A love triangle gone really bad.

Lockie, John Paul & Porsche.

Back in the good old McDean times John Paul told Craig that he didn't want to be someones dirty little secret. What I don't get is why he went for his cousin's husband! I kind of liked John Paul and Lockie together, they were quite cute, but Lockie was a player and there was never anything real there.

James Sutton, Jennifer Metcalfe & Nick Rhys.

Especially when he also, at the same time as he screwed both John Paul and Porsche, also screwed John Paul's sister and Porsche's cousin! He was just such a nasty player, may his soul rest in peace...

Starry vs. McHay.

I liked Lockie though. Another character I used to like was Harry Thompson. I just could go on and on for ages how much I dislike him now, but I've already done that. Several times. So let's not. Let's just say that I will never forgive Ste for choosing Harry over John Paul, I will never forgive John Paul for throwing Ste in Harry's arms and I will never forgive Harry Thompson for being such an annoying character! Ok, I might be biased of the great love for McHay here. But anyway, it's just such a shame.

So, let's face it Hollyoaks, it has been done before. Several times. I don't hate it, I don't but... Can't you just do something else of it? Why not a polyamorous relationship, finally? I don't think we have seen one since Kris, Ravi and Nancy. And at last, I just want to say: McNight doesn't measure up with McDrink (at least not yet), and McDrink doesn't measure up with McHay, but nothing measures up with McDean. But almost.

2 comments:

  1. This trailer was alright, I'm not really that excited, but we've discussed that I like Mcnight before and I'm not sure how this is gonna turn out, but Scott is definitely getting hurt. you're right. I'm not a fan of that, Scott deserves someone that would love him back equally.

    That Mcnight kiss tho, it was a little more personal. It wasn't the usual for them. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na... McNight doesn't really do it for me...

      Delete