Saturday 7 May 2016

Fábio & Nuno

Cast of Morangos com açucar, season 7.

I've finished another storyline. That is the storyline of Fábio & Nuno from the Portuguese series Morangos com Açucar, and I loved it! It's not a telenovela, because there was nine seasons between 2003 and 2012, but it's quite the same format. This storyline, with Fábio and Nuno, took place in season 7. I am in love!

Miguel Santiago as Fábio Castro.

It's kind of a mash up between Glee and Fame, in Portuguese! Fábio Castro (Miguel Santiago) is one of the main characters and goes to some kind of drama school with his room mates Mariana, André and Paula. Fábio is a real homphobic biggot, who is deep down in the closet of course. He gives his room mate André Peiva (Diogo Lemos) a real hard time because he's bisexual. But of course, he will meet love and change a lot!

Carlo Malvarez & Migel Santiago.

He meets Nuno (Carlo Malvarez) and becomes just the cutest guy ever! He is really cute and funny before as well, but a bit homophobic. We can excuse him for that because of what he becomes. And really, the series is kind of censored, I mean there is no snogging between the couple on camera, but I just love it anyway! We are getting one kiss on the cheek and one on the neck, but nothing else. What's up with the Portuguese?! Why is it so hard for you to show? And the strange thing is that early in the storyline, Fábio is forced to kiss a friend of his, João Pedro, as a black mail (they did something reaaally naughty), and that we were allowed to see! But when it comes to love it's time for censorship! Really weird! But, as I said, the storyline is really amazing anyway, and Miguel Santiago who plays Fábio is just splendid! Cute, funny and he is a really good singer! So if you haven't already seen it, please do! It's on youtube and everything. Big thanks to the anonymous reader who told me about them. I love getting recommended great storylines!

Diogo Lemos as Andé Paiva.

And at last I just have to give some appreciation to the character André Paiva and to Diogo Lemos who played him. I love that character! He is bisexual, cute, funny and wears lots of scarves. What's not to like?! I would so much want a spin-off with him and Fábio! Right now!

And one thing more. Both Pedro Carvalho and Duarte Gomes (O Beijo do Escorpião, Os Nossos Dias) were in the show in 2006-2008. I would have loved to see that! I would have loved to see some more Portuguese gay storylines in general! Are there any more?

7 comments:

  1. This looks very promising, i can't wait to start watching it! You had me at glee meets fame! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, speaking of new shows, Idk if you've heard of this, but there's a show on netflix called 'Grace and Frankie', and it's about two old women whose husbands leave them because they're actually gay and together. It focuses on the friendship between the two women but i must say, the relationship between Sol and Robert is so sweet and endearing that I have to recommend you watch this if you haven't already! The show is basically a sitcom but it's just so full of heart and it has some serious emotional moments that I really enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the first season and we actually started watching the second today! I love it! Sol and Robert are so cute and I love Martin Sheen! Amazing!

      Delete
  3. May I ask when did nuno appears? I'm waiting until I feel like I'm dying and I still haven't seen him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can someone tell me where I can watch the series, especially the episodes before, during and after Fabio and Nuno get together? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabio eu gosto de ti eu estar contigo por favor não pois a tua cabeça na labotorio do casa de banho não fias eu tenho medo de ti e rui e léu e flash eu fico chorar com medo e por favor deixa a fabio larga o fabio eu gosto de ele nunca mais toques vai embora o fabio quer escanssar por causa da irmã a papoila tá triste do namorado foi expulso do jorge o fabio tá triste por causa namorado por nuno e da mãe esta nova yorck mais eu vou com fabio visitar a mãe do fabio beijo

    ReplyDelete