Tuesday 20 October 2015

Eastenders ftw!

Right now I love Eastenders! Not just because Eastenders has Ben Mitchell and Paul Coker who are two very interesting and loveable gay characters who's lovestory seems very promising, no also because of this:

Riley Carter Millington.

Earlier this month Eastenders went out with the fact that a transgender actor, Riley Carter Millington, were casted in the role as the character Kyle. And yes, Kyle is also transgender. I think more transgender characters and actors are very welcome in soaps and on television all over the world! I am very excited about Kyle! I hope he will be a loveable character!

Roger Sloman as Les Coker.

And then this happened! So that's the secret Les Coker (Roger Sloman) has with Claudette! He is a transvestite! And yes, Les Coker is the grandfather of Paul. And this is so important! Transvestism is much more common than we think, and usually, it's the heterosexual ordinary guy who has this big secret that not even his wife knows about. And it shouldn't have to be like that! There is such ignorance and stigma about transvestisim in the world, and that's why people think they need to hide it! It's really nothing weird or bad about it, trust me about that, I have experience, and the world needs to see that! That's why I think it's so important for Eastenders to tell this story. And for Les to come out! I am sooooo super excited about this! I am so looking forward to getting to know Christine!

To read more about transgender, transvestism and cross dressing in soaps, read this post.  And of course, there's also a bit about Dylan in Hollyoaks. Read here. I miss Dylan...

No comments:

Post a Comment