Saturday 30 April 2016

Bye bye Nuke!

Jake Silbermann & Van Hansis.

I've finally finished the whole Nuke storyline! And I am a bit shattered. In the beginning I loved them! I couldn't understand why my faghag friend didn't like them and felt a bit newly in love. It's been a while since I found a long, finished storyline with a supercouple that I could just keep watching without have to wait for new episodes, that I really liked. So I really enjoyed it! Van Hansis is one of my favourites. I like his character, Luke Snyder, and I adore the actor. Jake Silberman, who plays Noah Mayer, was a bit shaky in the beginning, but he also became a really good actor! So thumbs up! I loved even though the were really stingy with snogging in the beginning. But as the storyline continued, the more kissing we got and Luke and Noah/Van and Jake became more an more confortable together. And it became reaaaally boring. I hate to say it, but after a while it bace such a snooze fest. And I knew about what was going to happen. I am constantly spoiling my self just to not get disappointed. It's a very good stratergy. Because of that I did survive what happened...

Van Hansis & Eric Sheffer Stevens.

Luke and Reid happened and OMG! I was really not looking forward to that! I hated Dr Reid Oliver in advance and when he showed up I thought "Let's just get it over with", but then oh my! Even though I knew, SPOILER ALERT, that Reid was going to die and I didnt really stopped shipping Nuke, I started to ship LuRe (not the bes ship name though) so hard! Dr Reid Oliver is just the best gay character ever, alongside Brendan Brady in Hollyoaks. He is rude, arrogant and full of him self and just such an amazing person! It becomes really clear in the end.

Dr Reid Oliver.

Dr Reid Oliver, played by Eric Sheffer Stevens, was killed off way to early! Like two or so episodes before As the World Turns ended in 2010. Way to early! I just think it's so unecessary to kill off characters in the end. I know, it's for the drama, but why does it always have to be the best characters and the gay guys?! Really heart breaking! I do hope to see Eric Sheffer Stevens in something else. He is amazing!

So, where does it leave me? Well, I'm still a Nuke shipper, I just ship LuRe more! I mean, Reid is dead so if there can't be a sunset ending for LuRe, to ship Nuke is better than nothing. They are still cute. There's still something. And it ended promising for all the Nuke shippers. I liked the end. Open. It's good. But if you feel a bit unsatisfied with that, watch the fanvid below. It's very well done and it's satisfying. And Luke's haircut has its own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment