Sunday 19 April 2015

Startitis

In the knitting world there is a phenomenon called "startitis" which means that you start new projects all the time. I suffer from severe startitis. I love casting on a new project, and I love finishing to, but the stuff in between can be quite boring sometimes. But I can assure you, there's startitis in the daytime-faghag world to. I have just suffered from it.

Paulo and Miguel in O Beijo do Escorpião.

A few weeks ago I started watching the portuguese telenovela O Beijo do Escorpião with the storyline of Paulo and Miguel which was lovely! After seeing that I really just wanted some new stuff with new characters and slightly shorter storylines. I started a few. Among others I started the agentinian telenovela Botineras.

Manuel and Lalo in Botineras.

I've already told you about Manuel and Lalo from Botineras which is a lovely storyline, with a happy ending! Blimey! A relatively short beautiful storyline with a happy ending! What's not to like?! So please watch it. You will not regret it!

Conor and Justin from 6 Degrees.

And last week I started watching the Conor and Justin storyline from the North Irish drama series 6 Degrees. The series is about some students living together in a student dormitory in Belfast. One of the main cast is Conor Martin, played by Cillian O'Sullivan who is a closetered football player (but I am not sure about that football. Conor is wearing to short shorts for a football player and I think that they are using their hands a bit too much) who finally is forced to come out. His boyfriend Justin Pollock, who is played by Ben Peel, is unfortunately moving to USA and the coouple has a really long distance relationship.

Liam in 6 Degrees.

In the third season (which is airing right now) a third gay character shows up which is Liam Madigan (Dermot Murphy) and I dont like him. He is complicating things for Conor and Justin. But I like the series a lot. And yes, Ben Peel is the guy who plays Jimmy Olsen i The Fall. I like him.

Thomas and Florian in Plus Belle La Vie.

Well, and this week I had an urge to start watching the Thomas and Florian storyline from the French soap Plus Belle La Vie. I've known about it for a while and I guess they are ranked as a super couple. But, I had to be reminded by dear faghag friend that there was someone else before Florian for Thomas. I was thinking about skipping that storyline but decided to watch it anyway. Before Florian there was Nicolas.

Alexandre Thibault as Nicolas Barrel.

Nicolas Barrel is a cop who works in the Mistral area in Marseille where everything takes place in Plus Belle La Vie. Thomas met him through Leo who Thomas think might be his father for a while, but he isn't and their love story starts quite uncomplicated. They meet, fancy eachother, get to know eachother and falls in love. But their love story is just in the starting blocks when they change the actor who plays Nicolas.

Nicolas and Thomas in Plus Belle La Vie.

Just a few episodes in to their storyline Alexandre Thibault is replaced by Nicolas Herman. And I kind of fell in love with hime immediately! Nicolas is such a loveable and sweet character and Nicolas Herman is really cute! I love both Nicolas and Thomas and I really don't want that storyline to end! But I know that it will... I was really not imagining that I would fall in love in that storyline as I did, so it's was a pleasant surprise! I am wondering what I will think of the storyline with Florian after watching this... I hope I like it to and I hope that Thomas and Nicolas ends as well as it could be so I won't be so bitter when I start watching Thomas and Florian.

Laurent Kerusoré as Thomas Marci.


Thomas btw, is also a very loveable character. He is fun and sweet and I really like him. Even though I have to confess that right now, I am a bit more in love with Nicolas than in Thomas. But that might change to. I am so much looking forward to watch everthing that Plus Belle La Vie has to offer!

3 comments:

  1. I just see the gay storyline in Viudas e Hijos del Rock another argentinian telenovela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just see the gay storyline in Viudas e Hijos del Rock another argentinian telenovela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I will look that up! If it's subtitled in English taht is :)

      Delete