Tuesday 21 April 2015

Some Dutch

I forgot to tell you about the Dutch discoverys in my startiti-phase. Some weeks ago, when I just wanted something new and fresh with no spoilers and no prejudice I found a dutch storyline. E couple of weeks ago when I was on spring break I found another.

Ferry Doedens as Lucas Sanders in Goede Tijden, Slechte Tijden.

The Nedtherlands hav produced more than just Lucas Sanders and his partners Edwin, Menno, Bilal and others in Goede Tijden, Slechte Tijden. (And I have to confess, I haven't seen the Ludwin storyline yet, but now I know where to watch it after a tip from a very kind reader, but I am saving that storyline for later.) Well, the Dutch also produced SpangaS.

Tobias and Flip in SpangaS.

SpangaS is a youth series about the students and staff at the Spangalis College somewhere in the Netherlands. In SpangaS we get to know Flip van Hamel (Jasper Gottlieb) and his twin brother Tobias van Hamel (Marius Gottlieb) who also conveniently enough are twins in real life. Flip comes out in the first season (at leat I think and dates Mick for a while but Flip is not really in love with Mick and it's in second season the magic starts.

Jasper Gottlieb and Derk Stenvers as Flip and Koen in SpangaS.

And, it's in the second season we are invited, because the Flip and Mick storyline doesn't really exist on Youtube. But in the second season Flip develops feelings for Tobias friend Koen van Wageningen (Derk Stenvers) and they start dating. It is really cute in a a bit gawky way. Really sweet!

Flip and Jeffrey Hamilton as Koen in SpangaS.

Well, a few months later there's a new actor in the part of Koen, which reminds me of another series I'm watching right now... Anyway, Jeffrey Hamilton replaces Derk Stenvers and it is still cute. I haven't watched the full storyline yet, but I really like it. I am a sucker for youth series, I have to confess.

Jörgen Scholtens as Sytze in ONM.

Well, and last week I discovered ONM. At least I discovered Sytze and Karif in ONM. ONM (Onderweg naar Morgen) is a now cancelled Dutch soap opera where Sytze Eyzinga (Jörgen Scholtens) comes out just a couple of months before the series ended. What a waste with a great storyline! At first it was a bit trembling and the scenes between the actors was a bit awkward, but I that's how it is in the beginning, for every couple when you're young and unexperienced. I guess. And the storyline really grew upon me! So, short story shorter, Sytze met Karif Baz (Soner Keskin) and realized he flirted with him, got interested, discovered he was engaged and muslim, didn't give a damn about that, snogged a bit, got gay-bashed, came out, broke up - the end. To bad. I liked it. And Jörgen Scholtens who played Sytze: great! If you do watch the storyline, beware of when he hunts Noa down and rails her!I do love that scene because Sytze is so brutal! In a good way. Unfortunately there's just crappy photos of Sytze and Karif, but here they are:

Sytze and Karif in ONM.

I really enjoy Dutch storylines because I am so fascinated of the Dutch language! And I do understand quite a lot. Dutch is quite simmilar to Swedish in some aspects. So I am really looking forward to watching the Lucas and Edwin storyline!

No comments:

Post a Comment