Tuesday 28 April 2015

British Soap Awards 2015

So, the nominees for British Soap Awards is out, and I'm complete and utterly shocked that Danny Miller (Aaron Livesy) is not shortlisted for Best male actor! As I told you before, he might be the best actor in the world. At least the soap world. But we do have some panel-nominees to be happy about.

Ryan Hawley as Robert Sugden.

First of all, Ryan Hawley who plays Robert Sugden in Emmerdale is up for both Best newcomer and villain of the year. He deserves to win them both. I hope he do.

Keith Rice as Finn O'Connor.

Keith Rice who plays Finn O'Connor, the guy who raped John Paul McQueen in Hollyoaks, is nominated in the Best dramatic performance cathegory. Finn is such a multi-dimensioned character and Keith Rice does him so well so it's a well deserved nomination. He was really great!


Keith Rice and James Sutton in Hollyoaks.

And speaking of John Pauls rape storyline, that particular storyline is nominated in the Best storyline cathegory. I can't enough describe how well written and important that storyline is. I really think it deserves to win. But I don't think it will win. Coronation Street always wins that one, with some boring storyline.


Ste and John Paul in the waiting room.

And speaking of John Paul, he also has a leading part in the storyline that will win the Best single episode cathegory. It just has to! Ste's HIV diagnosis was among the best things I've ever seen! The episode was so strong and beautifully composed, and I just have left anyone untouched. It just has to win. Otherwise I will be offended.

Well, there is no secret that I am a major Hollyoaks fan, so I have of course already voted them in the Best soap cathegory. I have voted Hollyoaks in all cathegories except from Danny Dyer (Eastenders) for best actor, in the absence of Danny Miller and Kieron Richardson. Go and vote you to!

No comments:

Post a Comment