Tuesday 3 March 2015

Looking for a plot

Russel Tovey & Jonathan Groff.

That was the name of the latest episode of Looking. And it ended as seen above. For me it was the perfect ending of an episode. Kevin also said that he was completely fucking in love with Patrick. Ok, I am a Patrick and Kevin shipper. For me it comes natural because I think itäs obvious that they are in love with each other and I like Kevin and I don't like Richie. Ok, Kevin has cheated on his long-term boyfriend Jon and that is never ok. But weirder things has happened, people do fall in love even though they are in a relationship. But there is something I hink is quite weird. On many different forums (gaydaytime, youtube etc) people seem to think that Kevin is a bastard deluxe and has lots and lot's of conspiracy ideas about him. I read some thoughts about that Kevin has not left Jon (which he told Patrick just before he said that about completely fucking in love) and instead it was Jon who left Kevin because he is a lying cheat. I read another thought about Kevin and Jon still being together but that Jon moved back to Seattle and Kevin is still having a secret affair with Patrick. I think both theories is highly unlikely. But what intrigues me so much is all the hatred for Kevin. I mean, couples where one of the parties has an affair is very common in both soaps and drama series. It happened in 90210 and Dallas, and it still happens. But this seems to sting more than before. In lot's of series the gay character is still in the closet and has a girlfriend when he falls in love wth another guy and has an affair with him before coming out of the closet and is celebrated for that, and the cheating is forgiven. But not in this case. Lot's and lot's of people despises with more frenzy than the world has seen before. I can't help wondering, is it just because he is gay and are cheating on his boyfriend with another man?

No comments:

Post a Comment