Sunday 6 September 2015

The Horizon

The Horizon cast.

Last week I started watching The Horizon, an Australian webseries with more than one LGBT character. Actually, there is a whole bunch of them. And it is great! I've known about the series for quite a while, and I also started watching it, but since I had just seen G&T, I was a bit endamaged from that. So I never really gave it a chance. But after a recommendation, I started watching it again and finished it in just a couple of days, even though I spent my weekend at a music festival.

Jake Andrew Perry and Jay Duncan.

So, season 1 is about Jake Collins, played by Jake Andrew Perry, who moves from Bega to Sydney for love. He has met AJ, played by Jay Duncan, online and is hoping for the bid love. AJ on the other hand is not a guy who likes to settle with just one partner, and the cathastrophy is a fact. Jake moves in with Wilma Bumhurt (Patrick James) instead.

Indigo Felton and Alistair Cooke.

In season 2, Jake , played by Alistair Cooke, still lives with Wilma but are still yaerning for AJ, played by Indigo Felton. Eventually they start dating again, but when Jake's best friend Millie, played by Rebecca Sunshine, arrives with her boyfriend Micky Rose, played by Sam Davis Harris, the drama is on. We are told that Jake and Micky has fooled around some years ago, and we find that Micky is deep down in the closet. He handles that by shagging AJ in the stairs and Jake's heart is once more broken. And Micky runs away.

Patrick James, Paul Layton and Sara Louella.

In season 3 Jake, played by Paul Layton, and Millie, played by Sarah Louella, has moved to a bigger apartment but Micky, played by Matthew C. Clarke, is still missing. Later, Jake finds him wasted in a club and takes him home and they start dating. We are also introduced to Saxon (Adam George) who is AJ's new boyfriend and Stevie Hughes (Francis Mossman), who is a loyer and yearning for Jake. In the last episode of season 3, we also get to know that Micky is HIV positive.

A bit confusing? Tell me about it! Three different actors are playing Jake and two different actors are playing AJ, Millie and Micky. But there are improvement every time they change. But I really liked Alistair Cooke in season 2 though. He was really cute! But so is Paul Layton! And Jake and Micky are so cute together!

Jake (Paul Layton) and Micky Matthew C. Clarke.
Of course, I am already a huge Jicky shipper. Paul Layton and Matthew C. Clarke kind of conplement each other. And according to Paul Layton's instagram, they are enjoying each others company. They seem to be good friends. I am a huge fan of bromances between actors who are in a relationship on screen. Almost as cute as on screen.

In season five we also get to know Ritchie (Jai Rodriguez) who starts dating AJ after the break up from Saxon. And the searis is actually really good! It is very obvious that there was not a lot of budget in the first season and not that much story either because the around four minutes long episodes contained mostly résumés, opening credits, end titles and "next time in The Horizon" and stuff, but it was cute and really addictive. And the budget seems to be quite high today according to the luxuary flats and stuff. I would have liked for both episodes and season to be longer, but I am very pleased with what I get. The first episode of season 6 was uploaded this monday, so I am so looking forward for the next episode tomorrow! And I am so hoping for many more seasons!

Patrick James as Wilma Bumhurt/Dennis Forbes.

One actor who is in all the 6 seasons is the wonderful Patrick James as Wilma Bumhurt/Dennis Forbes. I can't decide if I like Wilma or Dennis the most. Wilma is fabulous, but Dennis is really cute and amazing! But hey, why choose? I love them both! I am hoping for Dennis/Wilma to start dating Bryce, who is the homophobic son of Dan, Wilmas former sugar daddy. He might be a homophobe, but we all know that the one who is shouting the most is the one who stands at the most back in the closet. I am so hoping that he will come out! So, do watch The Horizon! You will find it on youtube. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment