Thursday 18 June 2015

Nagron magic

I guess you don't know this, but I happen to be an archaeologist. I have a Master's degree in archaeology and I am a history teacher. But I really don't like ancient history from Rome and Greece. I like the prehistoric times better, especially Nordic prehistoric times. It just don't fascinate me. I have seen Gladiator and I was not impressed by it. I have seen part of Spartacus I think, but I am not sure. My sister watched I Claudius when we were younger and I jawned, and I even don't love Life of Brian, even though it is quite fun. So, when I heard that there was i gay storyline in the Spartacus series (Blood and sand, Gods of the arena, Vengeance and War of the damned) I realized I had to watch it. I couldn't find just the gay storyline on youtube, and the couple, Nagron, really seemed quite interesting. But I have hesitated. I realized I would be bored. But the other day I found just the gay storyline on Vimeo! It had been cut into an 52 minutes long storyline and I watched right away.

Agron and Nasir.

And it was worth it! Agron and Nasir, Nagron that is, is the cutest and sexiest couple ever! They have such a passion is rare between two men onscreen! And it is American! Really, I am very surprised that an American series includes such a sex scene between two men. Between a man and a woman is not that unusual, but when it is a same sex couple, and men, we are not spoiled with that, I tell you. Looking is an exception.

Dan Feuerriegel as Agron.

So, who are they? Agron, played by the Australian actor Dan Feuerriegel, is a German gladiator who works with Spartacus. He is strong, tough and friendly. Well, that's all you need to know.

Pana Hema Taylor as Nasir.

Nasir, played by the Zelanian actor Pana Hema Taylor, is a Syrian slave who is freed in Vengeance and later becomes a warrior. He has strong moral and a strong will.

And here's what I like about this storyline is that when Agron and Nasir fall in love and become lovers, they just do. Their relationship is just very natural and no big deal. There is no coming out stories and no fuzz. I wish all relationships could be like that, whoever they are! You shouldn't have to come out when you fall in love, and it shouldn't be a big deal if you fall in love with a male, woman, trans or whoever. We need to see that mor on TV!

Dan Feuerriegel and Pana Hema Taylor.

And also, Dan and Pana who plays Agron and Nasir, are great friends in real life it says, and they do flirt with the Nagron-fans by posting stuff like this on instagram. I just love when romances on screen creates bromances in real life. I am kind of in love with this couple right now. I might even have to watch the whole series anyway, even though I don't like ancient history. I really do want to get to know the characters better and to get the whole picture. And also...

Dan Feuerriegel.

Dan Feuerriegel might have the cutest smile ever! Who would not want to see that on a daily basis?

No comments:

Post a Comment