Sunday 1 November 2015

Meet Christine

Roger Sloman as Les/Christine and Lin Blakley as Pam.

I have to say that I really enjoy this storyline! Roger Sloman is just amazing as Les/Christine, and he looks awesome! As I told you before, this is a very important storyline to tell and I do think that Eastenders does it in a very good way! You can feel the pain Les/Christine feels when he/she's rejected by the one he/she loves. Ok, I do understand Pam to. I do understand why she feels betrayed when Les has told Claudette Hubbard instead. I do understand that it hurts that he has shared his biggest secret with another woman. But I have been told so many times that the hardest thing about coming aut as a transvestite, is to come out for ones partner. So I also do understand Les.

Roger Sloman and Jonny Labey.

Another dimension this storyline has is the interaction between Les and Paul. That is very interesting! He was also shocked, but as he told Pam, he at least want to understand. And how he comforts his granddad when he's devastated, just heartbreaking! I am so looking forward to how this develops!

And btw, english really needs a gender-neutral personal pronoun. In Sweden we've got "hen", and i Finland, Estonia and Hungary, there is just one. Hän/ta/ő is enough. To distinguish between he and she is just so outdated.


Jonny Labey as Paul Coker.

And btw, isn't it about time for Paul to get a haircut? I mean, he workes at a hairdressing salon so it wouldn't be a problem for him to get one...

6 comments:

  1. I just got caught up on Paul and Ben. I must say, I really am enjoying this storyline as well. The timing is perfect for this. and Tbh, I love Paul.and I wanna discuss him and Ben. It started out very promising and there's a lot of angst involved. but I don't appreciate that Ben basically gives him the absolute minimal. Paul deserves better than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know! And I think the storyline is too slow! I want more! I want Ben and Paul all the time! I hope Ben will dump Abi and give Paaul his full attention!

      Delete
    2. I couldn't agree more! I want them to be on air more. I want Ben to finally give Paul a proper shot! I honestly thought things would pick up after Ben found out that his mom knew he was gay and his mom told him that his dad knew as well, but nope. zero progress was made. :/

      Delete
    3. It's the slowest story ever! This one and Brand and Lucas in General Hospital.

      Delete
    4. I've never seen the storyline on general hospital tbh. but I am getting tired of waiting. PICK UP THE PACE EASTENDERS! (and emmerdale tbh too, i'm ready for a robron reunion lol)

      Delete
    5. I am also so ready for a Robron reunion! And I do want a McHay reunion to! I am so sick of Starry i will barf!

      Delete