Monday 10 November 2014

Shorties

Lately I haven't been so keen on watching slow soap operas where it takes forever just to get to the first kiss, so I have been pausing Verbotene Liebe, Hollyoaks, Days of our lives and Eastenders. Instead of slow soap operas I felt like watching relatively short stories with an end, either because it's the end of a season or the end of the series. So this passed week I have completed two series.

Brent Antonello as Jude Kincade and Adam Senn as Zero.

In the second season of the VHI basketball drama Hit the floor there is one gay (Jude) and one bisexual (Zero) character. The characters Jude and Zero develops some kind of secret relationship in the seond half of seasn two, and we can guess that there will be further development in season 3, because there will be a season 3. But I can't really understand how Hit the floor can get a third season when In the Flesh still hasn't been renewed. Ok, there is a difference between BBC and VH1, but I am really glad that someone has cut the Zero and Jude parts out of the series because it seems really boring and crappy. I mean, basket ball. There is , according to me, nothing that is interesting enough to make a drama series about it. I know that One Tree Hill did it, but honestly, averything about the basketball was really boring. But I think that the gay storyline has potential.

Keller & Beecher.

After finishing Hit the floor I watched some fanvids from Sanne121993 on youtube and then I got reminded of Keller and Beecher from the old prison drama Oz. I never watched Oz when it was still aired, but both my bf of the time and my brother watched it so I had seen some parts with the couple. Ok, it is a prison drama, there is a lot of boy on boy action, along with a lot of violence, a lot of rapes and a lot of brutality, but this still is a very beautiful love story. I kind of fell in love with Keller and Beecher. And I realized that following one storyline of Oz was enough for me. If you love the series, you kind of love it feeling bit sick and having a lot of angst at the same time. But Chris Keller (Christopher Meloni) and Tobias Beecher (Lee Tergesen) are really cute in a brutal way and you can't really get enough of them. I don't want to spoil it for you, but I can say that it ends in a typical way for a gay storyline. But after watching Keller and Beecher from Oz I got some cravings for watching more with these actors. Maybe I should start with the episode of SVU with them both starring?

No comments:

Post a Comment