Tuesday 15 November 2016

Downton Abbey

The main cast of Downton Abbey.

Well yes, about a century after everyone else, even after my mother, I've started watching Downton Abbey. And it's really addictive! I love the characters, the clothes, the actors, the environments... But there's one character I don't like...

Rob James-Collier as Thomas Barrow.

...and that's the only gay in the village! At least the only gay at Downton. That we know of. But he is just such a asshole! I always, always, sympathize wit the gay character, even if he's not very nice. I always think that he's a bit misunderstood. But Thomas Barrow (Rob James-Collier) is not misunderstood. He is just an ass. And I am a bit disappointed that they just dropped the gay storyline from the first season when he first had some kind of secret relationship with the Duke and then tried to snog Kemal Pamuk. Now he's just not gay any more or what? But he's still an ass. So, there are gay characters that I don't like in other shows like Miska in SE, Harry and Noah in Hollyoaks, and Felix in General Hospital (which is a series that really lost me in it's boringness) but I don't dislike them. I really dislike Thomas. And despise.

Allen Leech as Tom Branson.

But this is a character who I really like! I am actually a bit in love with Tom Branson (Allen Leech). I am so in love with him so I doesn't mind that he's not gay. More Branson in Downton Abbey please! I have just started the third season so thankfully there's lots of Branson left for me!

2 comments:

  1. How funny - I just started a Downton Abbey marathon going back through all the seasons on Amazon. The character Thomas has a few redeeming moments, but they are fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I started to like him in the end. I just can't resist a gay villain!

      Delete