Sunday 17 August 2014

Gays Days

I've started watching the Will and Sonny storyline from Days of our lives from the beginning. I haven't seen all the gay storylines yet (even though I try to imply I have) and the WilSon storline I have just seen parts from. The thing is, it seems like the american channels and production companies can be just as stingy as the german. One youtube-user has been flagging that the WilSon storyline soon can be deleated from youtube so I thought I better get started.

Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith.

There are few things that I'm astonished about. I really didn't expect Chandler Massey to be such a good actor! I knew he was good, I mean you don't win the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series if you are not good but I didn't expect him to be so good! I mean, it's an american soap, the actors are usually not that good. Sorry all american soap actors, don't take it personally, it's not your fault, it's the lousy scripts, the unatural sets and the work pace that makes it. But Chandler Massey has a really natural act that you almost never see. I can really get why he drops of Days to complete his actor studies. 

Guy Wilson as Will Horton.

I haven't seen much of Guy Wilsons portaing of Will Horton yet but hopefully it will be satisfying. But anyways, there's more that astonishes me. The other thing is that Will and Sonny are so cute together! Chandler and Freddie has a really good interaction that is a delight to see! And that's an aspect that makes the storyline worth watching. Because sorry, at least for as far as I have come, there is not much more. Sorry Days, but I had forgotten how slow, dull and woody american soap operas in general, and Days of our lives especially is. I realised why I prefer german and british soaps. Of course they are also a bit slow sometimes, but at least something happens! In Days a typical days catastrophy that is about two hours in Days-time takes two weeks or two months to show on air! And the dialogs just go on and on and on... And also, american soaps can be so prude and sugary, but in the same times not. You can wait forever before you have sex but, but in the same episodes there is a violent axe murderer on the loose. You know what I mean. But I will continue watching it. All soap gay storylines are good storylines. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment