Thursday 24 July 2014

Cancelled


When a show gets cancelled too soon it really pisses me off! That's what happened with the amazing The Carrie Diaries. I love Sex and the city and all the characters so when I heard that there was going to be a TV-series about Carrie before Sex and the city I just had to watch. I had low expectations, I have to admit, but I really liked it from the start. Anna-Sophia Robb who plays Carrie is pretty as a picture and the show was really intriguing.

Brendan Dooling as Walt Reynolds.

From the start I suspected that the character Walt was gay. He wouldn't sleep with his girlfriend Maggie and you didn't have to have a gaydar to feel the gay wibes. When he met Carries collegue Bennet Wilcox (Jake Robinson) confusion and denial starts, it results with a kiss and more confusion and denial follows.

Walt and Bennet.

Finally, Walt comes to terms with his sexuality and confess his feelings for Bennet, but Bennet doesn't take the chance with Walt because he is underage. Like that ever was going to happen! Well the show goes on, Walt turns eighteen, some snogging occurs and the couple is a fact.

Brendan Dooling and Jake Robinson.

Well, this is the eighties and it is TV so we have some ingredients that just has to be found. Of course, Walt gets disowned by his parents (his father takes him back though, because he is in fact not a homophobe he is just really henpecked by his wife) and there also is a break up because of some cold Walt-feets after some AIDS-fright. Well it is the eighties so I can understand the AIDS-fright.

But, happily, the couple reunites, and we imagine a happily ever after ending. But we will never know because the show got cancelled in May, and despite some rumours about the show being renewed, there is no proof of it. I still have the hopes on Netflix. Please renew the show! We need more Walt and Bennet! The only thing I get a bit confused by in this show is all the characters that are really important to Carrie like Walt and Bennet, Mouse, Maggie, her father and her sister Dorrit, where do they go? Why is they never mentioned in Sex and the city? I mean, friends come and go, and Samantha is in the second season and Stanford is mentioned, but her father and sister? Did they die? Would there be a big family feud in The Carrie Diaries that HBO snitched from us? I guess we will never no. What a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment