Sunday 23 February 2014

The first big crush

One day in August 2012 when I was youtubing Luke Fuller/Stephen Carrington (Dynasty)  and Jack and Doug from Dawsons Creek I stumbled over a fan video that left didn't leave me untouched.


I absolutely fell in love with Fer and David from Física o Química! And the story contains everything a gay storyline in a TV series should contain: denial, an alibi girlfriend, secret snogging, blackmailing, unsupporting parents, jealousy, on-and-off, and in the end even death.

Física o Química means physics and chemistry and take place in a high school somewhere in Spain. The series was broadcasted in 2008-2011 on Antena 3 and had 7 seasons. The character Fernando "Fer" Redondo (Javier Calvo) was in it from the start while the character David Ferrán (Adrian Rodriguez) turned up in the third season. The Fer/Fer and David storyline with english subtitles is to be found here.


Fer and David in a classical scene fron season 3.

To make a long story short, Fer comes out quite early and in the third season he falls in love with David, the football playing friend of Julio. There is a bumpy road until they finally get together, and then of course, the on-and-off begins. And here there is no happy ending. As written before, Fer dies, and all the FoQ fans around the world was really pissed about that. But even though, it's worth watching. The series is great in general and the love story between Fer and David is really cute. And it is quite remarkable that a catholic country produces such a naturally told gay story. Javier Calvo, Adrian Rodriguez and Sergio Mur who played the bisexual teacher Jorge even got an award from the gay magazine Shangay for best TV performance.

Fer and David in the Buzz-scene. 

The characters are easy to like, especially Fer, and the actors Javier Calvo and Adrian Rodriguez have a really good interaction which makes sparks. My favourite season is the third where the couple first got together, and after that the sixth season is my favourite where they got together the second time. It is quite obvious that I like the part where the couple is heading against getting together the most, in most storylines. The following picture is from seasom six and is one of my favourite scenes just after David interupts a wedding and steals one of the grooms.

Fer and David before it's starts raining. Season 6.
 
It's really a shame the series was cancelled in the seventh season. And that Fer dies. I for one would have liked more Fervid. I happens at least once a year that I rewatch the Fervid storyline and it will always be my first and biggest crush. If you haven't seen it yet, just do it! Bara gör't!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of this post, I discovered the awesomeness that is FerVid!

    It's so refreshing to see high school boys fall in love and be openly affectionate with each other in public, with the suport of their friends & family. (Love those hallway kisses!) Their story isn't perfect (the whole FerYoli thing was just... wrong) but they are such great characters played by such good actors that you don't really mind. Javier Calvo is funny & relatable as Fer & Adrian Rodriguez is so adorably goofy as David (not to mention HOT!). They have excellent quimica (see what I did there? lol).

    My only real complaint is that I think they spent too much time broken up. I wanted more FerVid kisses dammit!

    I haven't finished their story yet because I know how it ends :'( . I just wanted to thank you for introducing FerVid to me through this post & for having an awesome blog. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! Your words really mean a lot to me! I am so glad that people d read and like my blog. And I am so happy when I introduce Fervid to others! They are my absolute favourites! And I agree with everything you say! )

      Delete