Sunday 25 May 2014

Gays in knitwear

Or actually, they are not necessarily gays because it's the actors wearing the knitwear and not the characters. But anyways. Knitting and all kinds of yarn related handicrafts are a big passion for me so if I stumble over a picture with a favourite actor wearing suspiciouly hand-knitted (or even really nice machine-knitted garment) knitwear I will notice it. Here are some examples:

Igor Dolgatschew.

At first, one of my absolute favourites and that is Igor Dolgatschew who plays Deniz in Alles was zählt in his grey cowl. I'm not sure that it is hand-knitted, but it is well-fitting. He looks stunning!

Javier Calvo.

Next up is Javier Calvo who plays the part of Fer in Física o Química. I suspect this sweater is not hand-knitted because of the complexity in the pattern, and I also think I heard somewhere that knitting is not that hip in Spain, but I can be wrong. Javier, if you read this, would you please tell me if your wonderful sweater is hand-knitted or not?

Ronny Roslöf.

Ronny Roslöf, Lari in Salatut Elämät, wears a really nice and bulky scarf and he should be. Because he lives in Finland and it's really cold up here in the northern countries. It's a shame he wears such a boring beanie.

Jo Weil.

One person who doesn't wear a boring beanie is Jo Weil. The actor who plays Olli in Verbotene Liebe wears a beanie knitted by Susi Strickliesel. Susi Strickliesel is a German knitting designer who design and knit beanies and caps. Very nice!

Alexander Becht.

Lenny in Gute Zeiten, Schlechte Zeiten, played by Alexander Becht, wears more than one nice knitted scarf in the series. One especially caught my attention, and that's this double-knitted red and grey thing. Very nice! I am actually thinking of knitting something similar. But I doubt that it is hand-knitted though...

Alexander Becht again.

This beanie on the other hand is handmade for sure. Because this beanie is crochet, and crochet can't be made by a machine. And this beanie looks well-used so it looks like he likes it. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment